Ms Lucas has had an extensive career in technology, most recently at Unilever leading a technology transformation to cloud computing. Before this she served as Chief Information Officer at both Towergate Insurance and Belron International.
Ms Lucas’s three-year term began on 1 February 2019.
Ian Ackerley, NS&I’s Chief Executive, said:
“I am delighted to welcome Jill to the NS&I Board. We look forward to drawing on her longstanding experience in the technology sector in order for us to become a digital first organisation, which will continue to benefit our customers and the business.”
John Glen, Economic Secretary, has also extended James Furse’s term as a NS&I Non-Executive Director for a further year, up to 31 December 2019. Mr Furse is a Non-Executive Director of Ageas UK Insurance and prior to joining the NS&I board in January 2012, he was Managing Director of John Lewis Partnership financial services.
- Ed Anderson – Non-executive Director and Chairman of the Board
- Ian Ackerley – Chief Executive
- Paul Henry – Director, Risk
- Dax Harkins – Director, B2B
- Jill Waters – Director, Retail
- Urvashi Bhagat – Director, Finance
- Matthew Smith – Director, Partnership
- Sarah Tebbutt – Director, People and Strategy
- Paul Habershon – Director, IT and Change
- James Furse – Non-Executive Director
- Sharmila Nebhrajani OBE – Non-Executive Director
- Christopher Fisher– Non-Executive Director
- Jill Lucas – Non-Executive Director
- Mario Pisani – HM Treasury Representative
- Photographs of Jill Lucas and James Furse are available on request from NS&I’s Press Office.
- The appointments of Jill Lucas and James Furse as Non-Executive Directors were regulated by the Office of the Commissioner for Public Appointments.
- Jill Lucas and James Furse have confirmed that they have not engaged in any political activity in the past five years.
- Non-Executive members of NS&I’s Board ensure a sound strategy is in place to meet the organisation’s remit of raising cost-effective debt financing for the Government. They also act as an external source of advice, have oversight of risk control and ensure NS&I’s links with its outsourcing partner, Atos, remain open and transparent.
- NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to 25 million customers who have invested £157 billion. All products offer 100% capital security because NS&I is backed by HM Treasury.