James is a Non-executive Director of Ageas UK Insurance and prior to joining the NS&I board in January 2012, he was Managing Director of John Lewis Partnership financial services.
Non-executive members of NS&I’s board ensure a sound strategy is in place to meet the organisation’s remit of raising cost-effective debt financing for the Government. They also act as an external source of advice, with oversight of risk control and ensuring NS&I’s links with its outsourcing partner, Atos, remain open and transparent.
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to 25 million customers. All products offer 100% capital security because NS&I is backed by HM Treasury.
- Ed Anderson – Non-executive Director and Chairman of the board
- Ian Ackerley – Chief Executive
- Peter Cornish – Director, Risk
- Dax Harkins – Director, B2B
- Jill Waters – Acting Director, Retail
- Rodney Norman – Director, Finance
- Mark Keene – Acting Director, Partnership
- Sarah Tebbutt – Director, People and Strategy
- James Furse – Non-executive Director
- Sharmila Nebhrajani OBE – Non-executive Director
- Christopher Fisher – Non-executive Director
- Mario Pisani – HM Treasury representative
Notes to Editors
- Photographs of James Furse and Ian Ackerley are available on request.
- The extension to James Furse’s contract as a Non-executive Director was made in accordance with the Code of Practice published by the Commissioner for Public Appointments.