The main responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Committee are to assure the Accounting Officer and the Board as to the adequacy of:
- The strategic processes for risk control, governance and security within NS&I and outsourced processes
- The accounting policies, accounts and annual report of NS&I
- Internal and external audit plans, the results of audit work along with management’s responses to any issues identified
- The system of internal control including internal audit arrangements
- Processes in place to ensure appropriate compliance with regulation
- Anti-fraud policies, whistle-blowing processes and arrangements for special investigations
Further information about membership and work of the Audit and Risk committee is provided in the Annual Report and Accounts.
Click on the link below to view the Audit and Risk Committee's terms of reference:Audit and Risk Committee terms of reference
The Remuneration Committee (formerly Appointments and Remuneration Committee) reviews the Chief Executive's recommendations on pay and performance-related awards to confirm that it is consistent with government policy and HM Treasury pay guidance.
The committee also advises on the role and appointment of Executive NS&I Board members. The committee reviews succession planning arrangements for senior staff within NS&I.
Further information about the membership and work of the Remuneration Committee is provided in the Annual Report and Accounts.
Click on the link below to view the Remuneration Committee terms of reference:Remuneration Committee terms of reference