Who we are
We’re an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, so when people save money with us, they’re lending money to the government. This means that we’re backed by HM Treasury – which keeps every single penny of our savers' savings safe. That’s something no one else can offer.
Where we're heading
Being part of NS&I means you’re contributing towards something that will positively impact millions of lives. And our team of around 200 people are committed to transforming us into a sector-defining organisation over the next 5 years.
The benefits are clear
All our roles offer you flexibility, with hybrid working as well as good holiday allowances. All of which means you'll have a great work-life balance. You’ll also be joining a Silver-awarded (from the charity, Mind) Workplace Wellbeing Index employer.
Have a look at our full range of benefits below.
- A performance-related monetary bonus
- And a generous Civil Service pension scheme
- You’ll also have access to a range of discounted online retailers.
- You’ll start with 25 days' holiday to enjoy, and get an extra day each year, up to 30 days
- You also get 9 extra public and civil service privilege days
- You can also opt for a working pattern that gives you a non-working day every two weeks
- And on top of that, you can buy and sell annual leave up to 5 days per year.
Your health and wellbeing
- We’ll pay for an eye test and £55 towards glasses or lenses if you need them
- We offer free annual flu jabs and health screening
- And we have an employee assistance programme offering 24/7 confidential advice
- Enjoy wellbeing initiatives and employee interest clubs like Pilates, football and mindfulness.
- And you can benefit from subsidised gym membership, Civil Service sports council membership, and our Cycle to Work scheme.
- We offer 26 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption or shared parental leave. Plus 13 weeks at statutory pay and another 13 weeks unpaid
- And 2 weeks' fully paid paternity leave.
- We offer generous and tailored learning and development opportunities with paid study leave if you need it
- We’ll also pay for your professional subscription
- And because we care about your personal development too, we offer mentoring and coaching opportunities for everyone.
- Take 3 paid days per leave year to dedicate your energies to your chosen charity or community project
- Enjoy our interest-based clubs and the trips that our social committee organises
- And support your chosen charity tax-free through payroll giving.
There are lots of reasons why NS&I is a great place to work. Want to hear more from our colleagues? More on why people work for us
Come and work for us
If you’re ready to be part of something bigger, then take a look at our latest vacancies.
Follow the links below to the Civil Service website for more information on the roles and how to apply.
There are no vacancies at the moment
Follow us on Linkedin to find out about any new vacancies.
We follow a fair and open recruitment process, so we’re unable to accept stand-alone CVs.
IT Service Lead
Fixed Term, 12 Months | Full-time
Closing date 11:55 pm on Monday 11th July 2022
Fixed Term | Full-time
Closing date 11:55 pm on Thursday 7th July 2022
Head of Business Change (FTC 24 months) - Rainbow Programme
Fixed Term 24months | Flexible working, Full-time, Homeworking, Compressed Hours
Closing date Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 4th July 2022
Fair and transparent recruitment
We believe in giving all our applicants equal opportunity. And because we’re governed by the Civil Service Recruitment Principles, you can be sure our recruitment process is fair and open too. Read more about our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity here.
Read more about our commitment to Corporate and Social responsibility here.