Personal Finance Society regional conference in Chelmsford on 1 October
- Opportunity for local financial advisers to put their questions to NS&I and other key financial services providers
- Advisers can hear about consumers’ latest views on pensions, saving for retirement and later life, and more
Presenting the findings from a survey of 1,200 British adults, NS&I will share respondents’ views on the financial crisis and subsequent period of austerity; the fundamental changes to pensions announced this year; saving for retirement and later life; and where they go to for advice.
NS&I will also explain how it is also changing to meet the expectations of financial advisers and customers – modernising its business, expanding online services, and enhancing its proposition for financial advisers.
The conference will provide local Personal Finance Society members with an opportunity to understand key developments in the savings and pensions markets. As well as practical business ideas, the event qualifies for up to five hours of structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Andrew Pike, Head of Intermediary Relationships at NS&I, who will be speaking at the Personal Finance Society conference, said:
“NS&I has a strong customer base in Essex and this conference is a great way for us to understand what local financial advisers are looking for from NS&I on behalf of their clients in the area. I’m also looking forward to sharing the findings of our research on how Britons are changing the way they save and what they want from financial services providers.”
Mark Hutchinson, Head of Marketing for the Personal Finance Society, welcomed NS&I’s involvement
“Our events are focused on helping members develop new knowledge and practical business relevant ideas. As a trusted guardian of a significant slice of the nation’s savings, this research by NS&I will provide members with valuable insights into their clients’ savings habits.”
Fast facts about NS&I customers in Essex
- There are more than 740,000 NS&I customers in Essex
- NS&I customers in Essex have more than £3.5 billion invested with the organisation
- There are over 27,000 unclaimed Premium Bonds prizes in Essex, worth more than £1.2 million
Notes to Editors
- The Essex Personal Finance Society regional conference is taking place on Wednesday 1 October from 8.30am to 3.30pm at the Ivy Hill Hotel, Furze Hill, Chelmsford, CM4 0EH. Refreshments and networking lunch will be provided.
- NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to over 25 million customers. All products offer 100% capital security, because NS&I is backed by HM Treasury.
- NS&I’s dedicated website for financial advisers, planners and paraplanners can be found at: nsandi-adviser.com.
- Premium Bonds holders can reduce the chances of their prizes becoming unclaimed by registering to have any prizes paid directly into their bank accounts (with notification by email):http://www.nsandi.com/register.
- There is no time limit for claiming Premium Bonds prizes.
The Personal Finance Society – Standards | Professionalism | Trust
- The Personal Finance Society is the professional body for financial advisers, paraplanners and those who work in supporting roles. With over 35,000 members it is focused on raising professional standards and improving consumer outcomes. It is part of the CII, the world’s leading provider of qualifications, training and thought leadership to the insurance and financial services profession.