ERNIE is making two lives cosier this month for Premium Bonds holders from the West Midlands and West Sussex. They will receive a warming £1 million each.
The first Bond number drawn was 060PS313350 and is held by a winner based in the West Midlands. The winner has a holding of £5,050 in Premium Bonds and purchased their winning Bond in May 2000. They become the fifth jackpot winner from the West Midlands.
The second Premium Bonds millionaire is based in West Sussex and holds Bond number 466PQ093728. The winner has £50,000 in Premium Bonds and purchased their winning Bond in August 2021. This win makes them the twelfth millionaire from West Sussex.
Andrew Westhead, NS&I Retail Director, said :
“Congratulations to our two £1 million jackpot winners this month – we hope they enjoy planning how to use their tax-free winnings.
“This month more than 5.7 million prizes worth more than £471 million were drawn, including 90 people who have won £100,000. Premium Bonds holders can quickly check if they have won this month in a variety of ways. The quickest and easiest ways to check if you are a winner are by using our prize checker app, checking our website or just asking your Alexa.”
Make savings easier with Premium Bonds
Premium Bonds are one of the nation's most popular savings products. They are the perfect way to start a savings habit, with a minimum investment of £25. Premium Bonds customers can add to their Premium Bonds holding quickly and securely, both for themselves or a child, via bank transfer or online. By topping up each month, customers are giving themselves further chances to win in the monthly Premium Bonds prize draws. Customers can find out how to make a bank transfer, pay online or set up a standing order into their Premium Bonds account here .
November 2023 prize draw breakdown
In the November 2023 prize draw, a total of 5,795,962 prizes worth £471,646,425 will be paid out. There were 121,715,206,105 Bond numbers eligible for the draw. Since the first draw in June 1957, ERNIE has drawn more than 654 million prizes with a total value of £28 billion.
|Value of prize
|Number of prizes
Total value of prizes
Premium Bonds prize winners are notified when they win a prize, but sometimes people move or change their contact details without letting NS&I know – this can lead to unclaimed prizes if they have opted to receive prizes by cheque.
In the West Midlands, there are 52,279 unclaimed prizes worth £1,594,450. The largest unclaimed prize in the West Midlands is worth £10,000, from the April 2022 draw and the oldest unclaimed prize is from the December 1962 prize draw for £25.
In West Sussex, there are 30,324 unclaimed prizes with a total value of £906,000. The largest unclaimed prize is £5,000 and this was from the March 2007 prize draw. The oldest unclaimed prize in West Sussex is from April 1962 for £25.
The best way for customers to ensure they receive their prizes is to have them automatically paid directly into their bank account or reinvested into more Premium Bonds. More than nine in ten prizes are now paid this way as it is quicker and more secure than waiting for a cheque. Customers can find out how to change their prize options here . Customers who think they may have an unclaimed Premium Bonds prize can easily check by using NS&I’s prize checker app or go online.
Premium Bonds holders can check to see if they have won a prize in November’s prize draw from Thursday 2 November 2023. They can do this by using the nsandi.com prize checker, the official prize checker app or their Alexa-enabled device. Customers will need their Premium Bonds holder’s number to use the website and their NS&I number or holder’s number to check via the prize checker app. At the same time, they can check for any unclaimed prizes owed to them.
Notes to editors
- NS&I announced on 8 August 2023 that the Premium Bonds prize fund rate from the September 2023 draw would increase from 4.00% to 4.65%, with the odds improving from 22,000 to 1 to 21,000 to 1. Details of all the changes are here.
- NS&I has spokespeople available for interview, including Agent Million, as well as a wealth of national and regional facts and figures about Premium Bonds. If you require any further details, please contact the NS&I media team on the contact details below or tweet your question to @nsandi.
- All Premium Bonds prizes are free of UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
- NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to more than 24 million customers. All products offer 100% security as NS&I is backed by HM Treasury.
- Further information on NS&I, including press releases and product information, is available on the website at nsandi.com. Follow us on X/Twitter: @nsandi or join the conversation on Facebook: NS&I.