More than 1,000 UK advice firms register to use NS&I’s online service
More than 1,000 advice firms in the UK have now registered to use NS&I’s online service. Reaching this significant milestone means that almost 1 in 5 UK advice firms have now signed up.
Launched in May 2019, the online service was designed and developed in response to feedback from advice firms and has become a fundamental tool for advisers up and down the country.
The service allows them to access information on their clients’ NS&I holdings quickly and easily, enabling advisers to:
- View a list of their clients with NS&I holdings (subject to a Letter of Authority)
- Select a client and view their NS&I portfolio
- View the transaction history of an account
- Get a valuation of fixed term accounts and see their maturity dates
- View copies of communications sent to their clients from NS&I
- View a client’s Premium Bonds prize history
Eleanor Clarke, Director at Perceptive Planning, said:
“NS&I has created a useful tool which says a lot about their commitment to building a strong relationship with advisers. The service has made it a lot easier to manage client investments within NS&I.”
Josh Lamb, Financial Adviser at Swallow Financial Planning, said:
“The NS&I online service is an essential part of our ongoing advice process. The NS&I system matches the excellent products on it. It is a must-have.”
Click here to learn more from advisers about NS&I’s online adviser service.
NS&I plans further enhancements to adviser service
Following regular dialogue with advice firms across the country, NS&I is looking at further ways in which its digital services can be enhanced. NS&I plans to make changes later this year, with the digitisation of Letter of Authority processes, as well as a new and updated version of its Adviser Centre set to launch. NS&I also has plans to simplify other processes for advice firms, creating a full service digital offering for advice firms up and down the country.
As NS&I does not have its own branches or advisers, advice firms play an important role in representing NS&I to mutual customers. These initiatives show NS&I’s commitment to this important channel.
Andrew Pike, Head of Intermediary Relationships at NS&I said:
“I am thrilled that more than 1,000 advice firms are now using NS&I’s online service and to hear about how much easier it has made their interactions with NS&I.
“Financial advisers, planners and paraplanners are extremely important to NS&I, and we’re proud that almost 1 in 5 firms across the UK are now using our online service. We would like to take this opportunity to remind advisers that our online service is free to use and easy to register for.
“We have 25 million customers across the UK, so it’s our assumption that most advisers will have clients with NS&I holdings. We encourage all advice firms who have not yet registered for our dedicated online adviser service to sign up today.”
NS&I back on the road in 2022
The NS&I team will be exhibiting at a number of industry events throughout 2022. Financial advisers interested in NS&I’s online service can visit the NS&I team at these events to find out more.
What advice firms need to do to register NS&I’s dedicated online service
- Visit nsandi-adviser.com
- Download and post a Terms of Business Agreement (needs to be completed by a Director or other FCA-approved person)
- Wait for a registration email to arrive in your email inbox (around five working days)
- Complete the online registration and choose your super-users and general users
- Access your clients' NS&I accounts by posting completed Letters of Authority forms (templates available at nsandi-adviser.com)
Notes to Editors
- NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to 25 million customers. All products offer 100% capital security because NS&I is backed by HM Treasury.
- NS&I’s Adviser Centre is dedicated to the needs of advisers, planners and paraplanners. It provides full information on our range of savings and investments; a comprehensive resources area, featuring NS&I forms, leaflets and additional information to make servicing clients easier; a news area, including not just NS&I news but also links to useful content on the HM Treasury website; information about our Intermediary Relationships team; and a selection of the most frequently asked questions.
- For further information, please contact the NS&I media team.
NS&I media team
Jonty Alone 020 7932 6633 email@example.com
Sara Brown 07583 139113 firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of hours: all phones are diverted to staff mobiles
Follow us on Twitter: @nsandi