To ensure that high quality financial advice is available to each Premium Bonds £1 million jackpot winner, NS&I offers a financial advisory service provided by an advice firm. It is up to each monthly Premium Bonds jackpot winner to decide whether or not to accept the service and then for them to decide whether they wish to take up and pay for additional services provided by the advice firm.
Details of the requirements to provide these services from April 2018 are available on NS&I’s dedicated adviser website nsandi-adviser.com. The requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Be currently registered and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA);
- Have been trading under the same company name for a continuous period of five years or more;
- Have Chartered status and / or be an Accredited Financial Planning Firm;
- Have suitably qualified and experienced advisers (Chartered and / or Certified financial planners) who can offer independent (not restricted) financial advice face-to-face to jackpot winners;
- Be able to travel to every geographical aspect of the United Kingdom (UK) to deliver financial advice to jackpot winners (see table of Premium Bond jackpot winners by geographical reporting region in Notes to Editors below).
As part of the tender process, we are pleased to announce that the evaluation panel will also include representation from both the Personal Finance Society and the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment for the first time.
The existing contract to provide this service was awarded to Matrix Capital in 2014 following an open tender competition. This contract ends on 31 March 2018.
Andrew Pike, Head of Intermediary Relationships at NS&I, said
“We are committed to providing the 24 winners of the Premium Bonds £1 million jackpot prize each year with the option of receiving high quality financial advice. This unique service, open now to market competition, is an exciting opportunity and is expected to create a significant level of interest.”
The contracting Authority (NS&I)
The contracting Authority (NS&I) is seeking tender from potential supplier for the provision of financial advice services for the monthly £1million Premium Bond jackpot winners.
NS&I are inviting proposals from suitably qualified, experienced and independent Financial Advisory services to provide advice to the monthly Premium Bond jackpot winners, who require this service.
NS&I will broker an initial meeting with the Jackpot winner and the Financial Adviser, and any further advice must only be provided if the Jackpot winner requests the service.
Please note that only financial advisers who have independent status can apply.
For communication regarding the tender should be via the EU Supply Portal
How to register your interest:
If you wish to register an interest in this contract, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company on the EU Supply Portal free of charge via the link below: NS&I eProcurement website portal
- Use your username and password to log into the EU Supply and register your interest in the relevant opportunity: https://nsandi.eu-supply.com/ctm/supplier/publictenders?b=NSANDI
- You must submit your completed tender and supporting documents via NS&I eProcurement website portal
- no later than 12.00 noon on 05 January 2018
- The completed tenders may be submitted any time before the closing deadline
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Notes to Editors
- NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK, offering a range of savings and investments to 25 million customers. All products offer 100% capital security backed by HM Treasury.
- Premium Bonds are NS&I’s most popular savings product. Instead of earning interest on savings, Premium Bonds give Bond holders the chance to win tax-free cash prizes from our monthly prize draw. The prizes available range from £25 to £100,000, plus the £1 million jackpot prizes which are given to two lucky prize winners each month. In November 2017, NS&I issued more than 2.3 million Premium Bonds prizes worth over £68 million.
- See table below of Premium Bond jackpot winners during the last contract by geographical reporting region.
|Geographical reporting region*||Number of winners over the last contract period (between 1 April 2014 - 1 November 2017)|
|Yorkshire and Humberside||3|
*Overseas travel is not required. Alternative arrangements may be offered to deliver advice to any overseas winners.