What we offer
The give and the get
NS&I is a place where what you do matters and what you say is heard. You’ll be joining a small operation with a big reach.
At NS&I, we offer a variety of roles to people who are talented, motivated and committed to developing themselves and their colleagues.
In return, we offer:
- competitive salaries
- generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum, plus nine days public and Civil Service privilege holidays per year
- attractive Civil Service pension schemes: defined benefit and stakeholder
- flexible working arrangements (including the option of a nine-day fortnight, where appropriate)
- a variety of family friendly policies including paid paternity, maternity and adoption leave
- eye care voucher scheme
- interest free season ticket loans
- subsidised membership to a gym of your choice
- online discounts for leading retailers
- up to two days a year ‘Giving Something Back’ to enable you to do charity or community work
Find out more about working at NS&I on LinkedIn.
When you join NS&I who will be joining the Civil Service and will have access to government wide networks and professional development, as well as our own bespoke and highly rated learning and development programme.
Selina Kataria: Learning & Development Consultant
I have been NS&I’s Learning and Development (L&D) Consultant for over two years, and as well as being an incredibly busy and demanding role, it’s also hugely rewarding. I am passionate about all things L&D, motivated and enthusiastic about people, and ensuring that everyone who works at NS&I has the right tools, resources and opportunities to develop themselves both professionally, as well as personally. NS&I’s budget is generous, as well as flexible. As a business we are focused on ensuring that everyone in the organisation has access to the L&D opportunities regardless of their role, and that they grow within their profession to expand their skillsets and meet the core strategic objectives.
All of our staff have tailored personal development plans and we plan bespoke training as well as highlighting the huge network of resources that the wider government and financial services arena offer our staff. We’re also proud to offer study leave where appropriate, and mentoring and coaching internally and externally. It’s extremely satisfying work for me to deliver all of this with my team, and I am delighted our people consistently rate L&D as one of the best aspects of working at NS&I. Personally I also really value the inclusive culture and the work-life balance I can achieve alongside my career. NS&I is a small organisation but it has big ambitions, I am proud that our people are at the heart of that.