NS&I Information Charter
NS&I is committed to safeguarding the privacy of any personal information about you that we need so that we can provide efficient services for you and to maintain our records. The NS&I principles below explain how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations – and if you can say no;
- to never sell your data to another organisation;
- to update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- to train our staff on their privacy of information obligations;
- to continue to review and assess the quality of our data;
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary;
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if your personal information has changed, such as a new address or change of name.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint
When we ask you for information, we adhere to all relevant legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Phone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45 Fax: 01625 524510 Website: www.ico.gov.uk
NS&I also comply with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please view the NS&I publication scheme.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com or write to us at National Savings and Investments, Glasgow, G58 1SB