Applications for this role close on: 13th September 2019
Interview date: 26th September 2019
Fixed Term Contract – 23 Months
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and £147 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about PR and excited to tell the stories that NS&I has to offer. You should be full of ideas, proactively identifying opportunities for positive media coverage across all mediums, and play a key role and promoting and protecting our trusted brand.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
Responsibilities and skills/knowledge/experience required
- Develop proactive media stories and campaigns for brand and product-related PR
- Take an active role in NS&I’s press office service, responding to media enquiries, becoming a key contact for industry journalists and identifying proactive opportunities
- Copy-write for social media platforms and NS&I websites
- Play a key role in developing and promoting NS&I’s consumer research
- Suggest appropriate external partners/stakeholders to increase value of research and sell-in stories maximise coverage
- Ensure that the press office has efficient and well managed processes, such as media contact logs, key message cribs etc.
- Work with colleagues across the business, including Customer Experience, the operations team, call centre teams and Brand to keep them informed of media activity, and horizon scan for issues that may affect the media team
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
We will assess you against the following behaviours:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Selection process
We will use the following criteria to shortlist:
- Experience of working in a busy PR team, agency or within another communications function
- Ability to analyse market research and extract key newsworthy data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to master technical, financial and business information and communicate it simply and effectively to external audiences – in a compliant way that meets all regulatory requirements
- Ability to deal confidently and develop good working relationships with journalists from a variety of media
- Good knowledge of UK consumer media outlets, social media platforms and media database tools
- In the event of a large number of applications we will sift against the following additional criteria
- Knowledge of evaluation methods and systems - including social media/Google Analytics – and the ability to evaluate media coverage and social media activity
- Good working experience of social media content creation, monitoring and media relations
- Ability to act as spokesperson for print/radio where appropriate
- A self-starter with a strong news sense and ability to be efficient, professional and diplomatic with a strong desire to communicate the positive stories about NS&I to all external stakeholder groups.
The selection process will involve an interview and written assessment
Interviews will take place on 26th September 2019
Please send your completed application (In MS Word format) to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs.