Applications for this role closes on: 20 June 2018 at 12:00
Interview date: 2/3 July 2018
Purpose of role
- To develop and deliver targeted data selections for use within marketing and communications campaigns, customer research and Financial Advisors.
- To deliver data selections that use robust targeting methodologies and support campaign evaluation.
- To ensure the use of customer data within NS&I and with our delivery partners is kept secure following Data Protection principles.
- To deliver the data for email marketing campaigns and to broadcast marketing emails, ensuring they are tested prior to broadcast. Also to provide high level analysis of our email campaigns.
- To support the Data Planning Manager in providing data for long-term campaign planning, issue resolution and to UAT new data sources and toolkits used within marketing
Develop targeted data selections:
- To develop and run data selection queries using NS&I’s Campaign Management tools in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy of selections.
- To guide key stakeholders across our marketing, research and intermediary teams on the best data selections to make for their particular activity and then to ensure these stakeholders are managed and kept up to date as the campaign extracts are developed.
- To provide commentary and record all targeting methods employed to ensure NS&I has a record for audit, evaluation and potential complaint purposes.
Use robust targeting methodologies:
- To deliver a robust campaign design by ensuring targeted audiences are sampled appropriately and campaign contention is managed effectively.
- To apply insight into campaign targeting, including the delivery of propensity models.
- To improve future campaign data selections by using insight gained from past campaign evaluations.
- To support robust testing (e.g. audience, copy, creative etc) within our marketing campaigns including setting control groups, A/B splits or MVT testing.
- To run pre-campaign snapshots prior to the campaign delivering, so that the campaign can be evaluated effectively.
- To execute external data processes to update our contact histories with final contact lists.
- To guide the Business Insight team on the campaign design delivered, so that evaluation can be completed.
Keep NS&I’s data secure:
- Have a good understanding of the Data Protection Act and the role it plays in the use of Data within Marketing.
- Ensure all data selections are suppressed appropriately using internal and external third party data. Deliver all data to outsource fulfilment agencies (e.g. mailing houses and email service providers) and internal stakeholders is done securely, and followed up to ensure they handle, store and use NS&I’s data appropriately.
- Deliver data for email campaigns Upload targeted data to our Email Service Provider, setting up the email campaign using their platform, including test cells, subject lines and uploading the HTML. Run appropriate tests on the data and email campaigns prior to broadcast, and then physically broadcast the emails Provide high level analysis of email campaigns back to the business post-send.
Support long term data planning, issue resolution and UAT of new data sources and tools
- Provide support to the Data Planning Manager to devise new audiences for future direct marketing and research activity, using NS&I’s analysis and data mining tools (Business Objects and SPSS).
- Provide resource to investigate customer complaints that are the result of the use data within marketing campaigns in a timely manner, according to the service level agreements in place with the complaints team.
- Provide support to test new data sources and new campaign management tools as they are delivered to the business. This could include migrating data selection queries over to a new toolkit whilst also parallel running on the existing toolkit to ensure the marketing plan is delivered to timescale.
Degree educated with a strong data, testing, numerical or statistical element to their degree – or equivalent experience.
- Strong numerical or data background with ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong understanding of how relational databases work.
- Experience in handling and processing data and the importance of keeping it secure.
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own work across multiple activities.
Essential technical knowledge and skills
- Up to date practical knowledge of data protection legislation and thorough understanding of how to keep data secure in transit.
- Solid experience of extracting, querying or manipulating large quantities of data using a data mining, analytical or campaign management tool. e.g. Chordiant Marketing Director, SAS, Business Objects, SPSS, Microsoft Access. The ability to articulate complex campaign selections to a marketing audience.
Desirable qualifications, experience and technical knowledge and skills
- Professional qualification in Direct & Digital Marketing (e.g. IDM Certificate in Direct & Digital Marketing, CIM etc)
- A desire to learn more about statistical hypothesis testing, campaign design methodology and constructing selection matrices for use within direct and digital marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of predictive data modelling techniques and their application within campaign management would be beneficial.