Applications for this role close on: 1 November 2020 at 9am.
Interview date: 11 November 2020 via a Skype for business video call.
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and £167 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Officer [529-20] to join the team in the delivery of a proactive, effective and efficient HR service across NS&I.
Day to day you will undertake a range of duties covering the employee lifecycle including recruitment and selection, on-boarding, payroll and data management reporting and providing advice to staff and managers on a wide range of HR policies and procedures.
You will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent and have previous experience of working in busy and demanding HR role and be accustomed to dealing with a high level of administration.
You will have excellent planning and organising skills, with the ability to manage your own workload. You will be able to work under pressure and to tight and conflicting deadlines. Attention to detail and accuracy are critical to the success of this role as are excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
We will assess you against the following behaviours in the Civil Service Success Profiles Framework - Level 2:
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
We will use the following criteria to shortlist:
- Previous experience of working within a busy HR function
- Educated to GCSE (grade A-C) level English and Maths, or equivalent
- Experience of dealing with a high level of administration/coordination
- Experience of working with a range of IT systems and applications including Word, Excel, HR Information System and finance system
In the event of a large number of applications we will sift against the following additional criteria
- Experience of payroll administration and dealing with queries
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The selection process will involve a panel interview, an unseen data checking exercise and an “In-tray” prioritisation exercise
- your completed application in MS Word format
- a statement on no more than one side of A4 on the subject of a
business improvement that you personally were responsible for
- Describing how you identified a need to improve a system and put changes in place
- Summarising the issue you identified that was causing difficulty
- Explaining what the negative impacts were
- Describing what the change was and what the benefits were
- Outlining what you did to make the change happen
Please send both these to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
To find out more about working at NS&I, please visit our website https://nsandi-corporate.com/careers
A reserve list may be held for a period of 6 months from which further appointments can be made.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
If appointed you must be able to work in our London office. Employees are currently working remotely from home. This situation is subject to change.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org