Applications for this role closes on: 19 June 2018 at 17:00
Interview date: 29 June 2018
Purpose of role
The role holder will be required to support the HR team and wider business through the provision of a full HR service to ensure the smooth running of the HR function. The role holder will be able to translate and interpret NS&I policies and procedures, providing appropriate guidance and assistance when required.
The role holder will take lead responsibility for providing generalist support to their allocated directorates and provide support to other members of the team where appropriate.
HR Service Delivery
Be the main HR point of contact for 3 directorates. Deliver a proactive HR service by working closely with the business area to develop fit for purpose solutions to people related issues. This will include but is not limited to:
- Resource and structural requirements
- Employee relations
- Learning and development
Continuous Improvement & Business Processes
Supporting the ongoing process of continuous improvement within the generalist remit and keeping abreast of best practice ensuring its adapted where appropriate.
Maintaining relationships with other HR colleagues within the wider civil service and applying practices where appropriate.
Policy development and documentation
Responsible for NS&I’s adherence to the civil services principles of HR related policies whilst ensuring they are kept up to date with regards to best practice and process.
- Responsible for NS&I’s adherence to the civil services recruitment principles and ‘guardian’ of the process.
- Provides a high standard of project management to ensure the delivery of a professional recruitment service to meet NS&I capability needs, ensuring compliance with the CS Recruitment Code and best practice.
- Manage relationships with preferred supplier agencies and consultants to ensure recruitment services fulfil NS&I business and capability needs as well as value for money.
- Managing the recruitment process, ensuring all monitoring, administration and audit requirements are fulfilled and ensuring continuous development of all processes.
- Development of recruitment policies and procedures.
- Maintain the NS&I recruitment website and assist in its development
- Assisting in the management or the permanent recruitment and interim budgets
- Manage the annual recruitment audit (reciprocal arrangement and return to DLA Piper)
Payroll and pensions
- Responsible for pension management and administration at NS&I in accordance with the civil service arrangements.
- Manage the relationship with the pensions and occupational health provider (Xafinity Paymaster and Capita).
- Oversee the management of all applications for ill-health retirement for past and existing NS&I staff.
- Management and implementation of pension EPNs – ensuring all actions are communicated and followed through.
- Manage the relationship with outsourced pay-rolled provider.
Ad-hoc HR projects
Lead on and assist with HR projects/initiatives and as when required.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience within a generalist HR role, including and not limited to recruitment, employee relations, learning & development, performance management.
- Account Management experience within a Business Partner or equivalent role.
Essential technical knowledge and skills
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to influence at all levels of a business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus coupled with the ability to deliver results
- Great time management skills with the ability to manage a number of activities at one time and to see each one through to completion
- Strong IT skills including comprehensive use of the Microsoft suite.
Desirable qualifications, experience and technical knowledge
- Hay job evaluation qualified
- Knowledge of Civil Service pay process/Civil Service recruitment principles