Applications for this role close on: 23rd April 2019 at 5.00pm
Interview date: 3rd May 2019
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and over £156 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
Purpose of role/key responsibilities
As Assistant Director Risk and Compliance, you will be supporting NS&I Board and Executive Committee (ExCo) through the development and implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management Framework across NS&I.
You will ensure our risk appetite is clearly defined to meet the business objectives, and that the risk profile is understood and managed effectively across all business areas and within the agreed risk appetite.
As Assistant Director Risk and Compliance you will oversee NS&I’s Board Operating framework reflects the FCA requirements for corporate governance and NS&I has a shadow compliance regime in place whereby all colleagues are expected to behave in accordance with the FCA’s conduct rules and other key requirements.
· Educated to degree level or evidence of equivalent industry experience
· Good understanding of voluntary codes such as FOS, and regulations such as Money Laundering and Data Protection Legislation. Training will be provided for legislation specific to NS&I products and government departments more generally where necessary.
Essential technical knowledge and skills
· To be able to demonstrate an ability to rapidly acquire a good understanding of the general laws that apply to NS&I.
· Good understanding of data quality issues, IT security and operational performance management (KPIs and KRIs)
- Some previous experience of people management
Ability to identify pragmatic solutions to risks and issues identified
- Proven experience in a commercial environment of analysing and resolving complex risk challenges in a structured manner
· Extensive experience in a regulated financial services environment, particularly implementation of the FCA handbook in a retail environment including setting Strategy and developing and implementing risk based monitoring and testing plans.
- Experience and evidence of having designed or worked within frameworks which meet the obligations of Financial Services firms.
· Good understanding of Government risk requirements
· Experience of identifying how enhanced risk management processes can enhance business performance
· Foster a positive attitude and pragmatic approach to risk within the business
· Strong influencing skills to work across the organisation and its key interfaces / stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
It is an exciting time to join NS&I. If you are interested in becoming part of the team, please download and complete the application form and send to email@example.com. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
For further details and an application form, please visit our website http://nsandi-corporate.com/about-nsi