Applications for this role close on: 24th February 2020 at 9am
Interview date: 3rd March 2020 (Durham), 10th March 2020 (London)
Band 6/Civil Service Grade EO
Fixed Term Contract 48 Months
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and £147 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
The role holder will support the NS&I Security adviser in administering the NS&I corporate Information Security Programme. The role will perform audit and assurance activities on NS&I key suppliers and assess their security posture both technical and managerial. The successful candidate will support the business in achieving its objectives in line with HMG security standards.
As part of the apprenticeship scheme, during your 48 months with NS&I you will study towards the BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional Apprenticeship Level 4, 5 & 6 with an external provider. Willingness to travel to attend the workshops is required.
To support the Security Advisor/Senior Security Advisor (SSA/SA) with the implementation, continual improvement, embedding and promotion of a strong security culture within NS&I. (people, processes, premises & technology).
To act as a security support in reviewing the outputs of the information security programme and escalating issues appropriately to the SSA/SA. Act as a security professional, championing and sharing best practice through the community and embedding government security culture within NS&I across technology.
The role holder will also be required to provide assurance that solutions, including those developed by our delivery partners meet security standards. (Including B2B) and provide Subject Matter Expert advice within NS&I on all technical security related matters. The role will require travel to other NS&I sites and 3rd parties as and when required.
Please be aware if you travel to a second location on average 4 days a month, you may be liable for P11D taxation. If you have any queries concerning this please contact the NS&I HR Team.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
- Assist the Security Advisor in drafting the monthly Governance reports.
- Provide guidance to NS&I colleagues on technical security related matters.
- Support the Security Advisor with the assessment of the 3rd Party suppliers.
- Support the Security Advisor with the identification and mitigation of security related risks.
- Provide subject matter expertise with the assurance of ISO27001 certification and cyber essentials for all outsourced partners.
- Support the Security Advisor in reviewing solutions and documenting acceptance criteria for projects within the Change programme, to provide Assurance that our contractual and emerging security standards are met.
- Provide assistance to internal and external auditors as required to ensure that key issues are fully investigated.
- Implement any changes required as a result of any internal audit activity following consultation and approval from the Security Advisor.
- Deputise for the Deputy Security Advisor as and when required.
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
We will assess you against the following behaviours:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace
We will use the following criteria to shortlist:
- Essential qualifications
- A-Levels or Equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or Grade 4 or equivalent
In the event of a large number of applications we will sift against the following additional criteria
Desirable qualifications, experience and technical knowledge and skills
- Previous experience of Public, Private Partnership or relationship management.
- Degree in computer science or related subject
- HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and CESG policy portfolio.
- Demonstrate an awareness of security threats, legislative and regulatory standards, industry framework and best practices.
- Knowledge of ISO27001
The selection process will involve a panel interview and presentation.
Interviews will take place on 3rd March 2020 (Durham), 10 th March 2020 (London)
To apply please complete the application form (in MS Word format), outlining both how you meet the requirements for the role as specified in the person specification in the role profile and stating why you wish to be considered. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org