NS&I’s Agent Million travels over 2,500 miles in 2013 to deliver £1 million Premium Bonds prizes
NS&I’s Agent Million, who delivers the good news to the Premium Bonds £1 million jackpot winner each month, has travelled over 2,500 miles up and down the country in 2013, almost three times the distance from Land’s End to John O’ Groats! And with January’s draw imminent, where will Agent Million visit in order to make somebody a New Year millionaire?
Since the very first £1 million jackpot prize draw in 1994, Agent Million has visited over 60 different counties to deliver the jackpot prize and has become more familiar with some counties than others, having travelled to London 52 times, while visiting Devon on 10 occasions. Agent Million has made 19 people New Year millionaires in January draws, with three winners situated in London, and two in Yorkshire, Sussex and Kent.
The jackpot winners Agent Million has visited over the years have had a range of sums invested in Premium Bonds and have held their Premium Bonds for different lengths of time. In January 1998, the £1 million prize was delivered to an individual in Birmingham who had just £710 in Premium Bonds, while in 2010 a millionaire from London was made with a Premium Bond they purchased 23 years earlier in 1987.
While the lucky Premium Bonds jackpot winners will have their prize delivered by Agent Million, NS&I’s Premium Bonds holders can sign up to receive their prizes directly into their bank accounts by BACS, with notification by email. Over 250,000 Premium Bonds customers have already registered to receive their prizes by BACS, and you can do so by visiting: http://www.nsandi.com/register.
Agent Million said: ”I always love visiting our £1 million winners. Delivering the good news to January winners is always special and a great way to start the New Year!” You can see a video of how far Agent Million will go to our Premium Bonds monthly jackpot winners here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmcyLXFxCok
Distance Agent Million has travelled in 2013 to deliver £1 million prizes
|Month||Winner’s location||Distance from Agent Million’s base (miles)|
|November||Tyne and Wear||141.4|
Notes to Editors
1. The distance travelled by NS&I’s Agent Million in 2013 has been calculated using https://www.gov.uk/plan-your-journey. The distances specified are the miles travelled by road from Agent Million’s base in Blackpool to the county town of each Premium Bond jackpot prize winner, where their location is a county, or the city of each winner.
2. All Premium Bonds prizes are free of UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
3. NS&I’s YouTube channel, including interviews with Agent Million, can be found at youtube.com/nsandi
4. Pictures of Agent Million, ERNIE (including the new ERNIE 4 machine), and people buying Premium Bonds are available in high-resolution jpeg format from the NS&I media team.
5. Customers can buy Premium Bonds over the phone by calling 0500 500 000. This is a free phone number but calls from mobiles and some landline providers may be chargeable. Telephone calls may be recorded.
7. NS&I has a number of spokespeople available for interviews and our experienced media team is available via our ISDN line: 020 7828 5288.