NS&I Information Charter
NS&I is committed to safeguarding the privacy of any personal information about you that we need so that we can provide efficient services for you and to maintain our records. The NS&I principles below explain how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information;
- to protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations – and if you can say no;
- to never sell your data to another organisation;
- to update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- to train our staff on their privacy of information obligations;
- to continue to review and assess the quality of our data;
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary;
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information; and
- tell us as soon as possible if your personal information has changed, such as a new address or change of name.
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes;
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics;
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information;
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date; and
- how to make a complaint
Further information can be found by clicking here.
When we ask you for information, we adhere to all relevant legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Phone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 Fax: 01625 524510
NS&I also comply with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please view the NS&I publication scheme.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com or write to us at National Savings and Investments, Glasgow, G58 1SB