New millionaire from london in september’s jackpot draw
- A female living in London
- Bond Number: 108CS647927
- Winning Bond bought in March 2006
- Total holdings £2,000
For the September 2013 draw ERNIE paid out over 1.7 million prizes, together amounting to over £50 million in value. There were 46,195,203,963 eligible Bond numbers in the draw.
Prize and value breakdown in September 2013
|Value of prizes
||Number of prizes|
Total prize fund value£50,044,800
Total number of prizes1,776,740
In London there are over 1.3 million Premium Bonds holdings worth more than £2.4 billion.
September’s prize fund rate and odds
The annual Premium Bonds prize fund rate is 1.30% and the odds of each individual Bond number winning a prize are 26,000 to 1.
Premium Bond facts
Since the first Premium Bonds prize draw in 1957, more than 279 million tax–free prizes worth approximately £14.7 billion have been paid out.
Premium Bonds are an investment where, instead of interest payments, investors have the chance to win tax-free prizes. They were officially launched by Harold Macmillan, Chancellor of the Exchequer, in his 1956 Budget.
Savers can invest in Premium Bonds directly from NS&I by post, phone (see note 5), online at nsandi.com or standing order, or by cheque and debit card at the Post Office.
Premium Bonds offer investors 100% capital security, backed by HM Treasury, as well as the sense of fun that comes from potentially winning tax-free prizes.
21.5 million customers hold more than £45 billion in Premium Bonds. Prizes range from £25 to £1 million.
Notes to Editors
- All Premium Bonds prizes are free of UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
- The jackpot winner becomes ERNIE’S 284 th Premium Bond millionaire.
- Unclaimed Premium Bonds prizes are defined as prizes over 18 months that have not been paid out (cashed). Addresses held for customers with unclaimed prizes might not be the current residential address of the customer.
- Pictures of ERNIE (including the new ERNIE 4 machine), Agent Million and people buying Premium Bonds are available in high-resolution jpeg format from the NS&I media team.
- Customers can buy Premium Bonds over the phone by calling 0500 500 000. This is a free phone number but calls from mobiles and some landline providers may be chargeable. Telephone calls may be recorded.
- Further information on NS&I (National Savings and Investments), including press releases and product information, is available on the website at nsandi.com. Follow us on Twitter: @NSIpressoffice
- NS&I’s YouTube channel, including interviews with Agent Million, can be found at youtube.com/nsandi
- NS&I has a number of spokespeople available for interviews and our experienced media team is available via our ISDN line: 020 7828 5288.
- Chris Dowsett
- 020 7932 6644
- Jonty Alone
- 020 7932 6633
- Gareth Headon
- 020 7932 6611
- Lydia Goldman
- 020 7932 6727
Out of hours: all numbers above diverted to mobile phones.