Applications for this role close on: 23/08/2019
Interview date: 9th & 10th September 2019
Job type: Permanent
Band 4 / Civil Service Grade SEO
London, Blackpool, Durham and Glasgow [with some travel to other sites]
NS&I is one of the largest savings organisations in the UK with 25 million customers and £147 billion invested. We are both a government department and an Executive Agency of the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Our origins can be traced back over 150 years to 1861.
Purpose of role/key responsibilities
We are on the hunt for someone to be part of the Compliance Advice and Delivery team responsible for developing policies and guidance which ensures that we are compliant with relevant legislation and follow the guidelines of important regulatory bodies such as the Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”). You will be responsible for providing guidance on how these should be reflected into NS&I’s business, products and services; and provide guidance in projects and key decision making.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge and understanding of all rules, regulations, codes of practice, guidance and industry best practice relating to advertising and customer communications applicable in the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of the FCA’s Conduct of Business and Treating Customers Fairly rules, The OFT guidance on unfair contract terms and the ASA codes of conduct for advertising.
- Good communications skills both verbal and written. Experience of writing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of operational processes
- Excellent organisational skills.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
You will be asked to give evidence in your application of how you meet these criteria.
Please be aware if you travel to a second location on average 4 days a month, you may be liable for P11D taxation. If you have any queries concerning this please contact the NS&I HR Team.
This role is subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard and financial credit checks.
A small company with a big reach we offer a range of benefits to include flexible working, great opportunities for development and a generous pension scheme. We care for colleagues, respect one another, invest in our people and manage talent effectively.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs.